Discussion board 1 – In Module/Week 1’s reading assignment by Bowling and Sherman, the challenges of 4 tasks in reintegration are discussed. Out of these 4, select 1 that you feel may be 1 of the hardest to negotiate and whyNovember 30, 2017
The paper will emphasize the overall systemic approach to care giving for our men and women who have served our country through the various branches in our military. You will articulate and evaluate your local community’s (city, county) approach to meeting the needs discovered from this survey.November 30, 2017
Case Study Paper Instructions
You have been provided a case study of a veteran who presents him/herself to you for services. As a caregiver in a local faith-based setting, you decide that you need to develop a plan of action to assist. This plan of action or treatment plan will be designed to address the needs presented in the case.
Imagine that you are working with veterans, as a case manager, at a local faith-based (Christian) agency. You are not a licensed counselor, but you work with programs and develop services and plans that not only utilize professional counselors but also outside services as well.
Your Treatment Plan will consist of:
- Identify the needs presented in the case study. In this, your first section of the paper, you will identify the needs you perceive your client has as a veteran. Read the case very carefully. Some of the needs may be obviously presented whereas some may be unspoken. It is your task to identify and to describe them. This is the area that you will also use current research to affirm the validity of these common felt needs our veterans have.
- What kind of services will be needed to meet these needs? This section will vary due to the complexity of issues veterans may have. Some of the needs may require a social support system of some kind; others may need more of an individualized care program, whereas others may need career workshops or various types of skill building classes. You will identify at least 6 needs presented in the case. These needs may be, but not limited to, spiritual, social, family, trauma related, and career/employment.
- Develop a strategy to address these needs. Although you are not training to be a counselor, you are training to be a worker in the helping profession. This plan is designed to utilize services provided in various areas you identified in your first writing assignment this term to assist the veteran in your case study. Identify for each need where you would refer the veteran for care/service for that need, and what is your expected outcome. How would you measure the effectiveness of the service and the progress made toward meeting the veteran’s needs?
Overall instructions for this writing assignment are:
- Length of paper: 10–12 pages. Points off if the paper is below 10 pages or exceeds 12 pages (including title page, abstract, and references).
- Include at least 8 current references. These references, as cited in the body of the paper, should provide not only the various services recommended, but how they would be used to mee the client’s needs.
- Follow current APA style. Review the grading rubric for guidance regarding grading factors, and, for additional aid, research the Purdue Online Writing Lab at http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/section/2/10/
- Papers will be graded on thoroughness, content, and use of theoretical material and integration of biblical perspective.
- Avoid Plagiarism: Using or passing off someone else’s work as your own is a serious academic offense. Papers are submitted through SafeAssign to check for the proper treatment of sources. You may first submit a draft version to the “Research Paper [DRAFT]” SafeAssignment link to check your score, then edit and revise, and finally submit it to the “Research Paper” SafeAssignment link.
- Plagiarizing your paper will result minimally in failure of the assignment. Plagiarizing can also result in automatic failure of the course and academic discipline. Make sure that all work is your own or is cited appropriately.
Structure for Paper:
- APA title page
- APA abstract
- Introduction: Explain the purpose of the paper
- Need 1: In priority order, identify the first of the 6 needs; explain what makes it a significant need warranting services (use research to support this section).
- Describe the type of services or supports needed (use research to support this section).
- Identify possible places where the services for this need will be provided (based on information from your survey of services paper).
- Biblical perspective about this need and/or service required (repeat this format for each of the 6 needs).
- Summary and conclusions
- APA reference page
Submit this assignment through Safe Assign by 11:59 p.m. (ET) on Sunday of Module/Week 7.
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"